Very recently, Savannah started sleeping much better! When we first brought her home from the hospital, I was instructed to feed her every two hours around the clock, because of some pretty significant jaundice. She also took nearly an hour to complete a feeding back in those days, so you can do the math on how much sleep her mama was getting. I literally feared I might die from sleep deprivation! After a few weeks, her jaundice began to clear, and she then would give me a three or four hour stretch at night, followed by a few two hour stretches. During this time she also used to grunt, LOUDLY, after about 1 or 2 a.m. for the remainder of the night. I have no idea why the grunting always started in the wee morning hours, but so it did. We were sleeping better, but I was still longing for my girl to "sleep through the night." In fact, when I took Savannah to her two month well visit, the pediatrician asked all sorts of questions about her development, like "Does she have a social smile?" and "Can she lift her head while lying on her tummy?" I proudly answered yes to every question except for this one: "Is she sleeping through the night?" :(
Right around the time Savannah turned 3 months old, she started having nightly meltdowns around dinner time. I took this as a cue that Savannah might be ready for an official bedtime, instead of just hanging out till Mom and Dad headed up to bed. So one night I put Savannah down at 6:30 p.m., and she slept until 2 in the morning! I was elated! She has kept this up beautifully for the past few weeks: to bed around 6:30 or 7, up to eat around 1 or 2 and then again around 5 or 6, and then up for the day by 6 or 7. It is heaven. Many nights, I have been choosing to go to bed shortly after her, around 7:30 or 8, since I am trying to catch up on many hours of lost sleep!
Thank you, Savannah, for beginning to sleep so much better! Your mommy is much more sane for it. ;)
 |
| Savannah all snuggled up for bed during her not-sleeping-so-well days! |
I'm so glad she's sleeping much better for you. I wish I would've caught on quicker when we was teenier and cranky around that same time!
ReplyDelete