We headed out to Buy Buy Baby. In the parking lot, I debated on whether to put her in the stroller or let her ride in the cart. I decided to put her in the shopping cart because she always has fun sitting up high and looking all around. I carried her in, pulled out a cart, and put her shopping cart cover on. Then I went to hoist my 20-pound girl into the seat and....my entire back seized up! The pain was very sharp and sudden. I was shocked, but thought that it couldn't possibly be that bad, so I would just go ahead and shop and I would feel better soon.
As I struggled to push the cart around the store, I began to realize that this was more serious than I thought. I was hurting! I managed to get my items and push the cart back outside and to the car. When I got to the car, I was terribly afraid that I wouldn't be able to get Savannah out of the cart and into her carseat. Well, I prayed for strength, and God granted it, but it wasn't easy! I had tears streaming down my face and was just so frustrated that I hurt myself doing such a simple task.
I managed to get Savannah home and in the house (thank goodness that she can walk with assistance!) and then collapsed. Thankfully, my mom works in a physical therapy office and was able to get me in for some treatment that evening. Matt left work a bit early and helped me get out to Mt. Prospect, where one of the massage therapists worked with me. Since then I've been on lots of ibuprofen and have been alternating heat and ice. I've had to get very creative with how to get Savannah around, since lifting her is nearly impossible!
So I guess the lesson is, be very careful when lifting your growing baby! Also, I know that I need to take more time to squeeze some pilates into my daily routine. If my core muscles were stronger, this probably wouldn't have happened in the first place!
To make our week even worse, Savannah fell backwards from standing last night and hit her head on the hardwood floor. She actually fell onto her butt first, but then couldn't catch her balance and fell back on her head from there. I felt SO terrible. I was there and saw it happen, but wasn't close enough to stop it. I kept her up a little late to observe her and woke her a few times last night to make sure she was okay, but she seems perfectly fine. She doesn't even have a bump!
Today I am just praying that we make it safely through the day! Apparently our family is going to say farewell to summer with a bang! Here's to hoping and praying that fall begins a bit more calmly than summer ended!
| This picture was from the beginning of the week. My mom and dad took her out shopping and got her this cute new walker! She LOVES it and wants to play with it all day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment