Girls

Girls

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Operation Christmas Child

Our MOPS group participated in a service project this holiday season called Operation Christmas Child. Basically, you fill a shoe box full of toys, school and art supplies, and personal items like toothbrushes and soaps, and these boxes get shipped overseas to children and given to them as Christmas gifts. Even though Savannah is too young to understand, we filled a box anyway. We chose to make a box for a little girl in the five-nine year old category. We shopped for our items, wrapped up a shoe box, and filled it with the goodies we purchased. Savannah was very interested in the box. She thought the toys were pretty neat, and she hopes a little girl somewhere will be very happy on Christmas morning!

Look at all this neat stuff!

A jump rope!

Some jewelry. :)

Time to put the lid back on and send our box overseas!
The neat thing is that my mom had us participate in Operation Christmas Child when we were little. I remember that I LOVED going to choose toys and other items to put in the shoe box. Hopefully we can continue to do this with Savannah each year. Also, they now have a barcode system on each box where you receive emails that will tell you what country your package ends up in. I think that will be such a neat thing to share with Savannah in future years!

On a side note, do you see those funny looking slippers Savannah has on? Those are amazing! I found them at Target, and they allow Savannah to walk (or run, as she's practically doing these days!) across our hardwood floors downstairs without slipping at all. Up until now, I haven't let Savannah loose downstairs since she started walking, because I was fearful of her slipping and hurting herself. Now, though, Savannah can enjoy exploring the downstairs without the risk of slipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment