Girls

Girls

Monday, February 6, 2012

Finally!!!

Are you ready for this? It has finally happened.....Savannah has grown some hair!! I know that compared to all of my friends babies, both boys and girls, she is still pretty much the baldest of the bunch, but compared to what used to be on top of her head, it's like she has luscious locks now! She's been super into her hair lately. Probably because I keep mentioning it to her, telling her how long her hair is now, and how we're going to put some "pretties" in it very soon. If you mention her hair, she'll reach up and kind of stroke the little fuzz that she has, like she's brushing it. She also likes to brush her hair....with her actual hair brush, her toothbrush, the swiffer duster....anything, really!

Yesterday I was able to escape to Target alone (how I love being able to shop all by myself!) and I picked up some ponytail holders and bows. This morning we decided to experiment. Savannah was supposed to have her 15 month well visit but we cancelled because she isn't feeling well (running a low temp and cutting molars) and I didn't want to get vaccines if her immune system is already compromised. So, we played beauty shop!

The pony tail holders were a no go on her fine hair, but the bows actually worked!

First we clipped the bow off to the side, like this.

Then we tried pulling some hair up on top and clipping it to make a little ponytail!


Yay! It's fun to have hair!
 The only problem is....she rips them out, like, immediately! As soon as they're out she brings them back over to me and when I say, "Do you want me to put this in your hair?" she says yes and angles her head towards me. But then out it comes again. I don't think she fully gets it yet! Oh, and never mind the pacifier - we broke our "only in bed" rule today since she's not feeling so great.

Maybe sometime soon I'll be able to convince her to keep them in for longer than 0.2 seconds! :)

2 comments: