Girls

Girls

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter 2012

We had a super busy but very nice Easter weekend! My grandpa (from my mom's side) and his wife came to visit my mom over the weekend. They had plans to leave early Easter morning, so on Saturday we went to my mom's house to visit with them. They had only seen Savannah once before, last Easter, so we wanted to make sure they could see her again this year! Savannah was shy but ended up warming up as time went on, and she didn't have any stranger danger meltdowns so I was super proud of her! I, on the other hand, forgot to take pictures!

On Sunday morning we woke up a bit earlier than normal so that we could have time for Savannah to find the Easter eggs that we had dyed the day before and open her Easter basket. She absolutely loved hunting for Easter eggs. I think it's because she is very organized and likes to gather things up and clean and organize (she is SO my daughter.) She kept calling the eggs "apples," which was super cute!

Savannah also seemed to really enjoy her Easter basket. We've decided not to do the whole Easter bunny thing at our house, choosing instead to focus on Christ's resurrection and what He did for us on the cross, but we still want to give Savannah a basket from Mommy and Daddy each year.


After the festivities and a quick breakfast we got dressed for church. I just loved Savannah's Easter outfit this year. Unfortunately, when I went to pick her up from the nursery after church I saw that she was in her back-up outfit (t-shirt, cardigan, and leggings) because of what I was told was a "very bad diaper." This was the only time this has ever happened at church; of course it had to happen when she was wearing her special Easter dress! We had plans to go to my parents' house after church, but we came back home first to change into a different dress so that Nana could still see her in some Easter finery.





At my parents' house Savannah had another egg hunt and got another basket. We enjoyed a delicious ham dinner and some very tasty carrot cake, and then we headed back home on the early side because the weekend had tuckered us all out! Savannah only had one 45 minute nap in the car each day, so she was exhausted, as were her Daddy and I! We had a great holiday weekend but are looking forward to a quieter weekend at home in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment