Savannah has been enjoying some fall fun this year, including trips to the pumpkin patch, dressing up for Halloween, going to a nearby Trunk or Treat event, Trick or Treating in our neighborhood with Daddy, and of course celebrating Thanksgiving with family. Even though I've been pretty sick lately, thankfully my mom and my husband have been really helpful and have made sure that Savannah has had her share of fall fun, whether Mom was up to tagging along or not. :)
First, my mom and Savannah met up with some family friends at a pumpkin patch out in the country. I was particularly sick this day, so they went on the adventure without me. My mom's friend Gayle was one of my youth leaders when I was in junior high, and her triplets stood up in my wedding five years ago, so I was bummed to have missed out! They had a blast, though. My mom told me that the triplets really enjoyed playing with Savannah, and she enjoyed them, too!
A few weeks later, my mom and I took Savannah to another pumpkin patch. It wasn't a very cold day, but it was super windy. At first Savannah was a little cranky, but in time she relaxed and had a good time. I really enjoyed this particular patch, as there was so much to do! There were little "towns" to play in, with a school house and other buildings, a petting zoo, a train to ride, ponies to ride, and TONS of animals, including a giraffe! Savannah had so much fun!
For Halloween, Savannah dressed up as a cheerleading Minnie Mouse. She thought it was pretty neat to wear the costume! This was the first year that Savannah was old enough to take part in some Halloween events. On the Saturday before Halloween, Matt and I took her to a Trunk or Treat event at a local church/school. She was super excited to be getting treats in her little pumpkin bucket! There was also a little "fair" inside the school that she enjoyed, where she was able to decorate a pumpkin and play a few simple carnival games. On Halloween night, Matt took her out in the neighborhood to do some more trick or treating (once again, Mom was sick on the couch.) She had a blast with Daddy and came home with tons of candy, most of which she couldn't eat, so Mom and Dad have had to help her out with that. ;-) As part of the Halloween fun, she was able to taste her first candy. She tried smarties candies and dum-dum suckers; the lollipops are her favorite!
Most recently we celebrated Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's house. We had a very nice day, enjoying a delicious feast with all of my favorite foods and getting to just visit. Savannah is in a picky eating phase, which is driving me nuts. She only eats a handful of different foods right now and refuses to eat any type of meat. So on Thanksgiving she only ate mashed potatoes, bread, and pumpkin pie. Although she wasn't too into the food, she definitely enjoyed being around her family. She took turns playing with her uncles and Nana and Papa, and by the end of the day she had thoroughly exhausted everyone, even though she just wanted to keep going and going!! I seriously wish I could have even a portion of her energy!
Those have been the basic highlights of our fall so far (with the exception of Savannah's birthday, which will get its own post!) As we move into the holiday season I am praying to be feeling better. A few weeks ago the nausea lifted and I did start to feel a bit better (although I was still struggling with extreme fatigue and lightheadedness that gets in the way of daily activities), but a little over a week ago I came down with a bad cold/cough which has me back on the couch any chance I get. I've got to say, I would consider this pregnancy to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and one of the most challenging times of my life. When we planned this baby I was prepared for it to be a struggle, but just how hard it really has been to be pregnant and try and care for a toddler is much more challenging than I could ever have imaginged. I often struggle with feelings of being a "bad" mom or wife, since I just can't keep up with things the way I normally do and I certainly don't have enough energy to keep up with my energetic daughter, but this has been something I have had to surrender to the Lord. I'm still here for my family each day, still spending all of my time with my sweet girl, and I'm honestly doing the best that I can. I know that they understand that this is a difficult time for me, and Savannah is so little that she probably won't even remember those 40 weeks of her childhood when Mom laid on the couch all the time (my mom was pregnant with my brother when I was Savannah's age and I have no memories of that time!) Savannah is a sweet girl, and if I am laying down not feeling well she is always right there with me, bringing me books to look at with her, playing her favorite apps on the Nook, bringing her toys right next to me so we can play together, and sometimes watching some of her favorite Princess movies together. :)
In other pregnancy news, I've started feeling movements, but they aren't strong and I'm not feeling them consistenly yet. I love when I lay still long enough to feel a few flutters and rolls, and I can't wait to feel it every day! Also, two weeks from Monday is when we should hopefully find out whether Savannah will be getting a little brother or a little sister! I'm starting to get antsy to find out; I can't wait to see if our house will be a girly princess house (pretty much the way it is now) or if little trucks and action figures are going to show up and sit alongside the baby dolls and princess figurines. Savannah is still pretty insistent that she is getting a baby brother, so it will be interesting to see if she's right!
No comments:
Post a Comment