Girls

Girls

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hailey at 18 months


As of this past month Hailey is a year and a half!! What can I say about my Hailey boo?? She is just so sweet; I could stick her in an ice cream cone and gobble her up!! She loves to give hugs. She is constantly grabbing us and kissing us. She is definitely my most affectionate child. One of her most common phrases is "Mommy! I want you!!" as she reaches her little arms up to be held. I just can't get enough of her!!

Hailey is very smart. She speaks very clearly and in complete sentences. Some examples of her sentences are: "I like it," "I miss you," "I want it" "I'm thirsty" and recently we even heard "Oh no! The roof fell down!" as some workers were throwing down old shingles from the roof. She likes for us to read her books. She tries so hard to participate in her sister's schoolwork. She likes to color, but you have to watch her because apparently crayons taste delicious to her. She loves to dance. As soon as she hears music she starts spinning in circles. When we're at Savannah's ballet class she peeks in to watch the big girls and then tries her best to dance like they are dancing.

Hailey has always had a more serious demeanor, but more and more lately I'm seeing a goofy, silly side of her peek through. Lately she's been having an easier time getting dropped of at Sunday School and MOPS, I think because she likes the "big kid" classrooms with the slides and such. I am always told that she is a happy girl while I'm gone, which is nice to hear.

Hailey always has been a bit naughty, and she still is. The difference between her and Savannah is that Hailey is sneaky! Savannah is stubborn and will often fight back with me, right in my face, so that I can clearly see her naughtiness. Hailey acts more easy going and agreeable, but then as soon as I turn around she will whack her sister or try to climb up on the table. Such a stinker!!!

Hailey was born with lots of dark, dark hair. Through the months her hair lightened to more of a light brown. Over the summer it turned blonde, and it doesn't seem to be showing signs of darkening again! I'm kind of surprised that she is now a blonde after having such dark hair for the first few months of life! She is a darker blonde than Savannah, though. Her hair is also very, very curly. I actually have to use some product in it to keep the back from frizzing out really badly. :) Her eyes are turning more and more green, but are still a blue-green at this point. Time will tell if they end up all the way green, like mine, or if they maintain a blue hue.

Hailey is still very tiny. At church the other week she was walking down the hall with us, and she saw an elephant figurine and said "Elephant!" and someone asked me if she was really small for her age or a really advanced 10 month old. I told her it was the former, and she was surprised to hear that she was 18 months! At her recent check-up, which happened at 18.5 months, her stats were:

Height: 31.25 in (26%)
Weight: 21 lb 2 oz (26%)
Head: 46.9 cm (66%)

Hailey recently had her first ear infection, and it was actually the first time a child of mine had an ear infection that needed to be treated with antibiotics. She had had a cold for awhile, and it was going into the second week of this particular cold. This was when her sister was also really, really sick, and so for the first week most of my attention was going to Savannah, with multiple doctor visits and a trip to the ER for her asthma. As Savannah got better going into the second week, Hailey got worse. She didn't have a fever but was coughing and seemed miserable, so I took her in to have her cough listened to. The doctor wasn't worried about the cough too much but told me she had a bad infection in her right ear. I felt terrible and was so glad I had brought her in for the cough so that we could find out and get her treated! After a few days she was feeling a lot better and it was all cleared up at her re-check appointment. Hopefully ear infections won't be a recurring thing with her.

Hailey is such a cute little bugaboo. The whole family just adores her and she gets spoiled with tons of hugs and kisses from all of us. I love her as an 18 month old; I keep saying if I could freeze her right now at this age I would! I love that she is still a little baby, but she's able to walk and talk and sleep through the night, which makes her an easy baby. I plan on enjoying this phase that she is in as much as I can, because time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment