Another crazy thing that happened this past month was that we put our house on the market. We are praying that God would allow our house to sell and that we would be able to begin an exciting new chapter of our lives!
Hailey has continued to make progress in her potty training adventures. She is always dry over night and at naps now. Sometimes if I can't get to her quickly enough in the morning she will wet her diaper, though. She also stays dry on trips out of the house and thinks it's great fun to use the public restroom! Lately I've been brave enough to let her wear underwear out and about instead of Pull-Ups.
| I had to get a picture of her in her cute undies and leg warmers! She was not amused, haha. |
| Savannah, of course, wanted to be in the picture, too. She was pretending to be a dog here. |
Towards the end of the month we had a super fun day with Nana. She came out and we took the girls to Chipotle for lunch (that is their favorite!) and to see Cinderella in the movie theater. Afterwards we also grabbed some ice cream at Culvers. Savannah has been to the theater a few times, but this was Hailey's first time. She sat really well for the first hour, but then got antsy. She wanted to walk around, kept asking to go to the potty, and was getting whiny. I wound up having to just stand in the back near the exit with her, trying to catch the end of the movie. It was a very fun afternoon but I don't think I'll be taking Hailey to a movie again for a little while. :)
| Before we left for our fun afternoon! |
| Love their sweet little faces! |
| Savannah at the movie theater. |
| She was encouraging her sister and patiently waiting for her turn. |
At the end of the month, Matt began his spring break (woohoo!) and the girls had a two-day sleepover at my mom and dad's house. We went over there to celebrate my dad's birthday, and then we left the girls there for two nights. It was a nice time for Matt and I to enjoy some down time and for the girls to bond with my mom and dad, and my brothers, too! A good time was had by all.
March was what I consider a "grace month" in our homeschool, meaning that we took it easy and tried to learn through play while not worrying about our lesson plans so much. This was necessary because of putting our house on the market and also because of illness. I didn't sweat it too much because Savannah is really very much ahead, and we had been very diligent about our schooling up until now, so we could afford to be a little more relaxed this month. We will pick it back up after Easter and will be finishing up our first school year very soon!
Finally, Matt and I finally upgraded to smart phones. Yes......we made it all the way until 2015 with our little flip phones. It was time to upgrade, though. It was getting more necessary for Matt to have a smart phone with his job, and also our cell phone plan got expensive enough that it really wasn't much of an increase to switch over to smart phones with data. The only reason I really wanted a smart phone was so that I could have a good quality phone available all the time to take all of those spur of the moment photos of my girls! Matt got me a great camera for Christmas this past year, but it is very large and I don't always have it on me. With my new phone, it is always nearby and I can grab priceless photos and videos whenever I want! Some of the first photos I took were of the girls at the park this past week.
Savannah is very brave this year and is no longer scared of the slides! She even went on the tallest twisty slide. :) Perhaps what is even more shocking is that Hailey went on the tallest twisty slide, too! She just follows her sister around and doesn't really have any fear! It is so strange for me to watch this tiny one year old just climb on up, go up the stairs, and go down the slide all by herself! I get a little nervous watching her but I also realize I need to let her be comfortable to navigate the park on her own, because with two children, I can't physically be one step behind Hailey the way I was with Savannah at this age at all times. It is better that she learns how to safely navigate the playground structures and go down the slides. :)
March brought some tough moments but also some fun times, and it ended with Matt's spring break week, which was refreshing for all of us! Spring is finally here and we are excited for what is to come over the next few months for our little family. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment