I love reading "A Day in the Life" posts, but I almost never take the time to post one of my own! The last time I posted A Day in the Life was when
Hailey was only three months old and Savannah was two!! Looking back at that post, it is crazy because I really did have two babies!! Life looks much, much different these days, with an almost two-year-old and a four-year-old.
Today, my morning started around 5:50 when I heard Hailey calling over the monitor for me. I went to check on her (she usually doesn't get up this early) and she was saying, "I need more clothes on." I figured she meant she was cold, so I covered her with her blankets and told her to sleep some more. I laid in bed and dozed a bit until around 6:20, when both girls woke up for good. Matt was on his way off to work, so we all kissed and hugged him good-bye and off he went. Us girls hung out upstairs a bit, getting in some morning snuggles, and then came downstairs and had breakfast.
After breakfast we went upstairs and I worked out on the treadmill while the girls
made a huge mess played in the playroom. I have been awful about prioritizing work outs for myself since Hailey was born, but I am working hard to get better at that!
 |
| Dress up while Mommy exercises. |
 |
| Some early morning coloring! |
I would love to exercise and shower before my girls get up, but as soon as I am awake, so are they. I think our house is just too small; they can easily hear me when I am up and moving about. During my time on the treadmill I had to get off more than once to help someone potty and to get out crayons, and I also had to referee a few arguments. The life of a mom never stops! ;) After exercising I snagged a quick shower and got dressed and then got the girls dressed and ready for the day.
Earlier in the morning I had laid out my supplies to make a big double batch of chili for dinner (half of it was for us, and the other half was being taken to a family from church that just recently had a new baby) and I realized that my ground beef, which I had kept in the fridge, had spoiled. I was so frustrated because this never happens and I really don't like to be wasteful! It felt like throwing a $10 bill in the garbage when I tossed that meat away. Ugh! Anyway, I now had no meat for the chili so we had to run to the store.
 |
A backseat full of cuties!!! We just turned Hailey's carseat forward
(she will be 2 in two days) and she loves it. I still have Savannah
harnessed right now and likely will for several years. She is small
for her age and it is much safer this way. |
 |
Walking through the grocery store!
Hailey was glad I didn't make her ride in a cart today. :) |
The girls were very good at the store and it was a quick trip, since we just had to grab the meat. I went to a store that we don't normally go to, and there were balloons all over the place. The girls kept looking up and pointing at them. When we were checking out, the manager was standing nearby and saw the girls looking at the balloons, so he asked me if they would like some. Each girl got a bunch of balloons and they were SO excited!! They were jumping up and down as the workers brought them over and they pretty much had everyone who was around smiling and laughing. They are such little sweeties!
 |
| They were just so excited about these balloons. |
When we got home the girls played with their balloons while I cooked the beef, got the chili in the crock pot, and also made a dessert. (Not an everyday thing, but something I wanted to include since we were delivering dinner to a friend.) Things got a bit dicey during this time, as Hailey started crying and following me around the kitchen, asking me to hold her. She is almost two but is still really clingy and likes to be held. I finally got everything done and cleaned up and was able to sit and snuggle Hailey a bit! After that I put together a quick lunch.
 |
I was eating leftover salmon and salad, but the girls didn't want that,
so they had turkey, cheese, chips, and raspberries. |
After lunch was eaten and cleaned up we went upstairs and Savannah and I worked on reading while Hailey played.
 |
| Sounding out "-at" words. |
 |
| Hailey got into the dress-up again. |
 |
| Look at this little princess!!! Here she is as Rapunzel. |
 |
| And here she is as Sofia the First. :) |

 |
I love her little face concentrating as she works on her cutting skills.
After reading time it was nearing one o'clock, which means nap time!! I was really ready for it at this point! Hailey went down for a nap (in her new toddler bed!!) and Savannah, who no longer naps, got cozy in the playroom for what she calls "quiet rest time". She can play, read books, and rest if she needs to.
I often will have transcripts to type up during nap time, but I didn't today. I spent nap time doing laundry, making corn bread to go with the chili we were having for dinner, working on this blog post, and resting a bit, too!
Towards the end of Hailey's nap time, Savannah and I set up a little science experiment. I had wanted to set this up early in the day, but that didn't happen. We talked about absorption and primary and secondary colors, but then I told her that we would have to wait awhile to see the colors mix. As of right now, the colors still haven't mixed yet. I guess we will have a fun surprise to wake up to in the morning!
After we set up the science experiment, Hailey woke up and we all did Bible time together, We read the story of Paul and Silas in prison, talked about joy, worked on our memory verse, and also read from Galatians about the fruit of the spirit and listened to a fun fruit of the spirit song for kids on You Tube. I didn't get any pictures of this! When Bible time was over it was time to deliver dinner to our friends. Here the girls are ready to head out once more:
Hailey was upset when we got into the garage because she thought that we were going to play in her toy car, not go in the actual car and run an errand. So when we got back, I had to let her sit in the toy car for a few minutes to stop the crying.
Unfortunately, when we got in the house the crying didn't stop. I put on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and we did some snuggling. Hailey is my snuggly child and she still likes to lay on my chest the way she did when she was a little newborn. She calls it "nuggles." I love her!
After some snuggles we had our dinner. There are a few nights each week where Matt doesn't get home in time to have dinner with us, but instead he gets in the door just in time to tuck the girls into bed. This was one of those nights. The girls and I ate, cleaned up, and then headed upstairs to relax in my bed and watch some Curious George together. We also read some books. Then Matt got home just in time to help me get them ready for bed, read a story, sing and pray, and tuck them in for the night!
Every day in our house is busy in its own way, and this day was no exception!!! I am pretty much wiped out, but overall it was a good day with my sweet girls. I probably won't do another Day in the Life for a little while; it was a lot of work to try and get pictures all throughout our day and put this post together! It is fun, though, to capture a typical day in our life. I'm sure a few years from now I'll look back at this post and marvel at how young the girls were and how we spent our days. :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment