This past year Savannah completed her second (and last!) year in the AWANA Cubbies program. I have absolutely loved the Cubbies program at our church, and so has she. She has memorized so many Bible verses, made so many friends, and learned so many wonderful Biblical truths!! I am truly sad to see her graduate out of the program. Hailey is super excited to begin her first year of Cubbies next fall - she is so excited to get a blue Cubbies vest of her own! It is extra sad because I don't think I am going to have Savannah participate in AWANA Sparks next year. Sparks meets on a weeknight and doesn't end until 8:45 p.m. Not only is she an early to bed type girl, but that is also the night before we need to be up and out of the house by 8:30 the next morning, and also the night that Matt takes his Masters class, meaning that I would also have to have Hailey out past 9 p.m. as well, as he would not be able to help me. So for next year, anyway, I think Savannah is going to have to take an AWANA break. It's been a hard decision for me to make, but I think one that is best for her and the family as a whole. We are people who need our sleep, and none of us do well with being out late in the evening!!
Anyway, these pictures are from her graduation day. We were all kind of sick this day, and so it wasn't the most celebratory day, but it was still special to watch her sing her songs and get her awards.
 |
| She was really "feeling" her outfit this day. |
 |
Singing her songs. The little girl to the right of her, Lily, is her best friend. They are super, super cute together. |
 |
| Savannah and Lily holding each other's hands for courage as they wait to get their awards. |
 |
| She was so happy to get this bag of goodies for finishing her book! |
 |
| She also received a special award for completing extra activities each week. |
No comments:
Post a Comment