Girls

Girls

Friday, July 6, 2012

20 Months

My sweet little girl is 20 months old! I can not even handle the fact that in four short months she will be 2!!!! The other day in the car I asked her if she would stay Mommy's baby forever, and her answer was a very emphatic "No!!" I guess that means I have to let her grow up! ;-) Just kidding....she'll always be my baby!

At 20 months, Savannah is a crazy, fun loving, friendly, and very smart little girl. She has lots of opinions lately and has recently learned the words, "No!" and "Mine!" When I tell her it's time to go to bed for a nap or at night she'll often say, "No! Play!" Don't worry, though....Mom always wins that battle! She loves to run around in her diaper while shrieking, "Naked baby!!" which just might be the funniest thing she's done to date!

Going for a walk in Mommy's shoes.
Although she loves to say no and show her saucy personality, she is also a real sweetheart. She loves to gives hugs and kisses and "cuddle cuddle" in the glider in her nursery. Whenever Daddy comes home from work, she always runs to him exclaiming, "Hug! Hug!" and then giving him a big snuggle. Today, for the first time she said (unprompted) "Love you, Dada!" before he left for work this morning,

On that note, Savannah's vocabulary grows every day, she often puts two or more words together, and she has started saying a few complete sentences! It is just crazy! She will repeat nearly anything I ask her to say, and if she can't quite make the right letter sounds she gives it her best shot. She doesn't talk as much in public, but at home she's a regular little chatterbox. She is pretty much able to let me know almost anything that she needs by using her words, which is nice! :)

Savannah is showing lots of signs of potty training readiness, and she is just so bright that I think she would really pick up on potty training if we actually dedicated a week or so to focus on it. She tells me when she is wet or dirty and asks for a new diaper when she needs one; the main thing holding her back right now is that she is stubborn and sometimes just doesn't want to sit on the potty. Although she has used the potty successfully many times, sometimes she just doesn't want to sit still! I am thinking of using the 3-day potty training method sometime later in the summer and seeing if she takes to it. If it doesn't work out then we can just back off and try again in a few months, but she just may get it! So stay tuned to hear how that goes. :)

Enjoying her pool in the backyard!
Savannah is definitely at a super fun age right now. I really feel like I have a little girl now instead of just a little baby. I can't wait to see the new things she will learn in the months ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe what a big girl she is -- she's getting so old! And I can't believe I haven't seen her since she was 9 weeks old -- that needs to be fixed! :)

    ReplyDelete