Girls

Girls

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Summer Trip

About a week ago we took our summer trip to Michigan. We packed lots and lots of visiting into two and a half short days! We stayed with Matt's Grandma and Grandpa Kooienga, which was great, so we got lots of visiting time in with them, but I didn't get any pictures of Savannah with them this time! Oops!

During our time in Michigan we went to Matt's Dad's church (which was the church Matt attended when he was younger and living at home), took a dip in the pool (apparently Savannah is not a fan of swimming this summer), went out to eat, visited Grandma Keim in the nursing home, celebrated my birthday, and visited the zoo in Grand Rapids. We were on the go a lot and it was definitely tiring! I wasn't the best with getting pictures of everything, but I did manage to get a few!

Visiting with her Great Grandma Keim

In the petting zoo that was inside the zoo.

Our little family strolling through the zoo!
While we were in Michigan, Savannah became very uncertain around all the unfamiliar faces and just being away from home for three nights. She was awesome with everyone the first night that we arrived, but the next day she started getting overwhelmed, crying and clinging to Mama, not wanting to be held by anyone (but me), and asking to go home. I was hoping she would go back to her cheerful, confident self when we got back home, but no such luck. :( Since being back she is showing a fear of strangers again (something that she went through when younger, but it hadn't been an issue for the past 6 months, at least) and today at our library class I was sad to see that she was very clingy and scared and did not want to participate at all. Thankfully, she had no issues at all going back to the nursery at church yesterday - she just loves church and seems very comfortable there, and I am super thankful that that remains unchanged!

Hopefully Savannah can regain some of her confidence soon. Also, I'm hoping that she is up for our big vacation to North Carolina later this summer! That trip involves many more nights away from home, so hopefully she has an easier time on that trip. (I can hope and pray, right??) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment