This morning Hailey had her two month check-up. She was actually two months on the 7th and today is the 18th, but we waited a bit to get her in with my favorite pediatrician in the practice. Here are the official stats:
Weight: 11 lb 9 oz (42nd percentile)
Height: 23.5 in (76th percentile)
Head Circumference: 39 cm (57th percentile)
I seriously can't get over how tall Hailey is. I'm so short and Savannah is more on the below average/average side for height, so I guess I just didn't expect Hailey to be so tall! The doctor said that Hailey is doing great. She is meeting all of her developmental milestones and seems very healthy! The doctor asked how Hailey is sleeping these days, and I told him that while she had been doing fantastic, going a 7 or 8 hour stretch at night, we've hit a bit of a regression this week and she has been feeding mostly every 3 hours all night long and is resisting going back to sleep after some of her feedings. The doctor said that we should keep doing what we're doing, which is feed her when she wakes (if she is hungry, which she usually is), get her in a dry diaper, burp her, give her a snuggle and her paci, and then just lay her back down. If she starts to cry, I have been letting her cry for 5 minutes (in her pack and play at the foot of our bed) and then going over, talking in a soothing voice, rubbing her head, giving her a paci, and walking back away without picking her up. This method does seem to be working pretty well, although sometimes it takes a few cycles of it to get her back to sleep for good. The doctor said that as she gets increasingly social she is going to want to get up and play in the night, and so we just need to teach her that we don't play at night, although we'll be happy to play with her during the daytime hours! Hopefully she gets the message quickly. :)
At the end of the appointment she received her vaccinations: one oral solution and a shot in each leg. She cried very pitifully for a minute or two and I scooped her up right away, but she actually calmed down very quickly and was okay on the ride home. I gave her Tylenol when we got home because I like to be proactive with that sort of thing, and she played for a bit and then ate and settled in for her nap like normal. Hopefully she won't be too fussy the rest of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment