Girls

Girls

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

3 Months

Hailey was three months old on August 7! Although we are now approaching her 4 month birthday, I'm just getting around to this post. Matt started at his new job a few weeks ago so I have been adjusting to flying solo with two kids for about 11 hours each day. I've had my hands a bit full. :) Anyway, here are the photos that I took of Hailey on her actual 3 month birthday!

She looks like big sister when she's smiling!

She LOVES to talk!

Being soooooo serious.
As a 3 month old.....

- Hailey began going to bed earlier, around 7 p.m. Her sleep also became more erratic. Sometimes she would wake twice, at 1 and 4, and other times she was up eating every 3 hours like a newborn. She just came out of a pretty intense growth spurt where she wanted to eat all night long. The past two nights she has woken to eat at 1 and then not again till Matt's alarm went off at 5:15, so I hope this is the new norm.

- Hailey still sleeps in the pack and play in our room overnight, due to her frequent night waking.

- She takes 3 naps a day. One around 9 a.m., another around 12, and a third nap around 3:30.

- She has been eating more frequently during the day, too, often eating every 2 hours.

- No longer needs to be swaddled.

- My biggest accomplishment this month has been teaching Hailey how to put herself to sleep! When she is sleepy now I make sure her tummy is full, her diaper is dry, and she is wearing her cozy sleep sack, and then if she's still awake after this I lay her down, tell her goodnight, and leave, and she happily puts herself to sleep. This is huge to me as Savannah never did this at this young of an age.

- Hailey's biggest accomplishment this month has been rolling!! She can roll tummy to back and she gets about 95% of the way over from back to belly (she just can't figure out how to move that shoulder out of the way.)

- She has better head control and can sit in the Bumbo for short periods of time. She also likes to "stand" if we hold her up.

- Hailey started laughing! It's so cute. She's still a bit of a serious baby, but we can definitely get her to laugh now.

- She knows who her family is, for sure. She always has BIG smiles for Savannah and Daddy, and she likes to follow mom with her eyes all the time. She has started to let out a whining type of cry if I get out of her line of vision (oh boy....separation anxiety, here we come!)

- She has moved into mostly 3-6 month and 6 month clothing. I think she is around 13 pounds.

Hailey is such a joy! I'm so thankful that God chose to give us our sweet Hailey girl - she makes our family feel complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment