Girls

Girls

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Five Months!

She looks SO much like me here, with different coloring!
 Our little sweetie baby is 5 months old!! I say it every time, but....where did the time go? She is growing so fast!

- Hailey had been waking every 3 hours all night long to eat, and it was getting ridiculous. Right after she turned 5 months I started working with her on this, and I now have her eating only once at night, around 3 or 4 a.m. She sometimes will need her pacifier replaced earlier in the night, but she now goes 8 or 9 hours after bedtime before eating.

- She naps around 9, 1, and sometimes again around 4 (depending on how long her second nap was.)

- Hailey is a tiny little thing! Savannah is petite now as an almost-three-year-old, but she was a really big baby. Hailey is much smaller than her sister was, which seems strange to me! She still fits nicely in 3-6 or 6 month clothing (big sis was in 9 month stuff at this time).

- We tried solid foods (pureed green beans) twice, in an effort to help her sleep better, but she was not a fan. We are sticking to only breast milk for now, which is fine by me!

- Hailey can sometimes sit for a moment or two in a tripod sort of position, but mostly it seems like sitting independently is a ways away for her.

-When she rolls onto her tummy (which she does constantly), 95% of the time she just lays there stuck and yells until someone moves her. 5% of the time she flips back over, so I know she can do it!

- She is still very vocal!

- She enjoys the nursery at church and MOPS. After our first MOPS/AWANA meeting, Savannah caught a cold and passed it on to Hailey, but it was very mild for our sweet baby. She was snotty for about two days and then pretty much back to herself!

- She is really enjoying the jumperoo now, but I have to stack blankets under her feet so she can reach the floor, as she is still too little to do this on her own.

She can be SO serious!

Chatting away!

I can't believe she will be half a year old in a few weeks!!! I think it's true that as you add more children, time just seems to go faster and faster!! I am doing my best to savor each moment with my sweet little baby. We love our Hailey so!

No comments:

Post a Comment