Girls

Girls

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hailey Adelyn, 6 months old!

Little Hailey Adelyn is six months old! I really love this stage! She is so smiley and sweet and so much easier now than when she was a newborn! I also love all of the developmental changes that happen between now and the first birthday - it's so fun!


- Hailey can now roll both ways, roll in one continuous motion, and use rolling as a means of getting around. She can also scoot on the floor and turn 360 degrees. She puts all of these skills together to pretty much get where she wants to go!

- We are taking two naps now that last about two hours a piece (hallelujah!) They are usually at 9 and 1:30/2.

- Her nighttime sleeping is awful. She tends to still wake every 3 hours all night long. Occasionally she will sleep one longer stretch, but never more than 6 hours. I have done "sleep training" twice but we are still at this point. I haven't been doing much to change this lately because of all the sickness going around between both girls. I am praying that I can help her start sleeping longer stretches once we are all well.

- Hailey still nurses every 3 hours during the day.

- She is not interested in solids. We have tried a few things, but most of the time she still exists on only breast milk. She hates green beans and will not eat them, and is fairly unimpressed with avocados and bananas, but may eat them in tiny amounts if she is in the right mood. I wouldn't be in a hurry to push solids, except for the fact that I'd like her to sleep longer at night and wonder if this is part of the problem!

- Hailey is fairly petite. Her well visit is this week and I will get official stats, but I think she is around 16 pounds. She still wears a lot of 3-6 and 6 month clothing, but starting to move into 6-9 and 9 month stuff. She is a lot smaller than big sister was at this age.

- Hailey is super cuddly, which I love. She loves to snuggle with her mama! (Savannah was never snuggly and was very independent even at this age and would push me away. So I love that this baby loves to snuggle!)

- Hailey often says "Mama" very clearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment