Girls

Girls

Saturday, April 12, 2014

11 Months Old!

Sweet little Hailey Boo, as we so affectionately call her, turned 11 months old this past Monday! This blog post and her "chair" pictures were delayed a bit, as I was in the midst of a two-week battle with bronchitis, but I'm finally up and at 'em again. :)

Looking so big these days!

This is her new, goofy, almost-one-year old smile!
She crinkles up her nose and one eye is always half closed, lol!
Hailey is just a precious, lovable little girl. She brings so much love and light and laughter into our home! Here's what's new these days:

- Hailey now claps, waves, points, and does some baby signing. She also loves to answer our questions by shaking her head no or nodding yes. It's pretty adorable, and Savannah loves to sit and ask her things like, "Hailey, do you want more banana? Hailey, do you like playing with me? Hailey, are you a baby?" and thinks it's fun to see how Hailey chooses to answer.

- Hailey is now pulling up to a stand, standing quite a bit, and finally crawling on her hands and knees. She pretty much spends all day pulling to a stand and standing around, but she hasn't quite figured out cruising yet. She's done a few steps with her baby doll push toy.

- Her words are mama, dada, baba. She repeats a lot of sounds and phrases and lately is trying to say things that we model for her (last weekend she parroted, "I love you, dada!").

- She loves her mama and she loves, loves, loves to be held. I admit that I often give in to her pulling on my pants and crying, so at almost a year old she still gets carried around on my hip as I go around the house doing various chores a LOT.

- Still napping twice each day and sleeping all night long.

- She is mostly eating finger foods now. She loves pears, avocados, bananas, black beans, rice, yogurt, bits of hamburger, and shepherd's pie, to name a few. She is starting to eat what we are eating for dinner or a modification of our meal whenever it's appropriate. She is on formula exclusively (I had to drop what little pumping I was doing when I got sick and needed to go on several medications that were not safe for her) and I'm looking forward to transitioning her to almond milk soon.

- Hailey has definitely been growing but is still a little peanut. She is right at 18 pounds, she wears 9 and 12 month clothes (or 6-12), and her foot was just measured at a tiny size 2.5. I think she is going to be a very petite little girl.

- She LOVES Savannah and thinks she is the funniest person on the planet.

What a sweet, precious little face!

Cutie girl!
Hailey has grown a lot lately! She is still a very snuggly, cuddly little girl. She is also still very, very loud and very rambunctious, always getting into things she shouldn't and trying to eat things that are not meant for eating! She's at that age now where I literally chase her around the entire time she's awake and then I'm about as tuckered out as she is come naptime! We all love her so and we're so excited to celebrate her first year in just a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment