We had a rough morning last week! It was time for us to get......our flu shots. Normally just a minor inconvenience, but when you have a child who is absolutely petrified of needles, it becomes a BIG DEAL. I had set up all of our appointments for the same morning. My appointment at my doctor's office was at 9:30. Then the girls were scheduled for 10:15. The doctor's office that the girls normally go to is right down the street from my doctor's office, but they were only doing flu shot clinics in their other location, a good 20 minute drive away. This further complicated our morning because after getting ready, out the door, watching me get my shot, and loading back up in the car, my panicked child had another good long while to sit and think about what was coming her way. :/ In the end, we survived, but it certainly was not pleasant. I had one little girl who went happily along and never shed one single tear, and one little girl who literally had to be pinned down by myself and one nurse while another nurse did the shot. Funny enough, as soon as it was over she said through hiccups and gasps, "Wait! That's it?? It only hurt for a little bit! I didn't know that!" (Even though I told her it would only pinch for a second.)
After all that drama, I decided we all needed some treats. I took the girls to Target and let them each pick some Littlest Pet Shop animals, and then I took all of us through the Starbucks drive through for Frappuccinos. (Side note: If your kids want a frap but you don't want to spend SO much money, ask the barista for one tall frappuccino split into two cups. When I do this they put so much whipped cream on top that it still looks like a full frappuccino. They consume less sugar and I spend less money!) I kind of felt like I was spoiling the girls with so many goodies after a simple flu shot, but it really was traumatic! I felt that we all earned our treats. :)
![]() |
| We took this picture to send to Daddy at work. |
![]() |
| I sent this one to Matt, too, haha. I had a pumpkin spice frappuccino! Yum! |


No comments:
Post a Comment