Savannah has also finally gotten the hang of clapping! Up until recently she just really hasn't been interested in clapping at all. She got the whole waving bye-bye thing down at 8 months, and I figured clapping would follow shortly after, but it didn't. Finally she is clapping, oftentimes for herself. :) Her claps are silent right now, as she mostly uses her fingertips, but I'm sure she'll soon figure out that she can make noise.
The final milestone is the most exciting and the most bittersweet, as it really means that my baby is growing up - Savannah has taken her first steps! On Friday afternoon as we were playing and waiting for Matt to come home and start the weekend with us, she was standing at the windowsill, and she just let go and took two steps over to me! All through the day she had been working on standing on her own, a skill that she is getting better and better at, but the steps seemed to come without warning! I was definitely shocked. I was able to get her to take a few more steps to me, and then later that night she took a few steps to her Daddy. Tonight Matt and I had a blast having her walk from me to him, and then him to me, over and over again. Each time she only took between 2 to 4 steps before falling into one of us, but it was super exciting! We were cheering her on and clapping for her each time she took a step or two, and she was giggling and clapping for herself, too. I would be surprised if she wasn't walking by her first birthday.
I haven't been able to get a good picture of any of these new milestones, but for good measure, here's the sweetie pie with her Daddy and I this morning before church.
| Snuggling in to Mommy with a sweet smile. |
| Daddy's little girl <3 |
| Showing off her cute dress and funky tights. :) |
She's taking steps already? Crazy! I love how differently babies develop. Elias has been clapping for a month, but still not waving!
ReplyDelete