Girls

Girls

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Winter Cold

My poor little Savannah has been suffering from a terrible winter cold. I group colds into two groups: winter colds and summer colds. Summer colds can be miserable, but I find that they pass fairly quickly and usually don't involve too much coughing. Winter colds seem to move into the chest, involve lots of coughing and respiratory issues, and are pretty tough to get over. My poor Savannah's cold is definitely a winter cold!

I had a feeling she was getting sick last Wednesday, as she seemed to be getting a bit stuffy and I heard a bit of coughing throughout the day. I really, really hoped she wasn't - we had our second MOPS group of the year the next morning, had family pictures scheduled for Saturday, and were planning to get together with some friends we haven't seen in awhile on Sunday. But come Thursday morning Savannah was a snotty, coughing, miserable mess and all of our plans had to be cancelled.

Thursday and Friday were pretty miserable for my sweet girl. I spent the whole day chasing her with the snot sucker and a pack of boogie wipes, and every few hours I would torture her with her nebulizer in an effort to keep her airways open and avoid landing in the hospital like she did last spring. Nights have been particularly rough, as she coughs terribly when laying down, but I can't get her to sleep reclined on my chest and she's much too big now to use the swing or bouncy chair like we did when she was little. She only wants to sleep in her bed, but unfortunately that leads to lots of coughing. Saturday morning I did bring her by the doctor because she ran a fever on Friday night, but her lungs sounded clear (woohoo!) and her ears looked fine, so the doctor confirmed that it was just a virus.



Savannah wasn't feeling very well on Friday morning.
Yesterday Savannah seemd to be getting a little better, and last night was the best night we've had by far. She coughed a bit after going to bed but didn't get out of her bed until around 2:30, when she had a bout of coughing and needed some tlc from mommy. Now that the snot is clearing up and the cough is letting up a bit, she's been getting sick to her tummy. I'll spare you the details. Hopefully we can get this under control for her, and hopefully this signifies the end of this virus.


The day before Savannah got sick, I had her try on her outfit
that I planned for her to wear for her 1-year photo session.
How adorable is she?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment