Girls

Girls

Monday, September 8, 2014

Ballet Class - First Day of Fall Session




Today was the first day of Savannah's ballet class for the fall session. This class runs from now until the beginning of December. The above pictures were the best I could do before we grabbed Hailey and ran out the door this morning. Oh well!! Savannah was very excited to be going back to dance class after a break the past several weeks. This is a pre-ballet class for 3-5 year olds. I thought she was going to have the same teacher as she did this summer, but it turns out this class is with a different teacher. Both Savannah and I were a teeny bit bummed about that because we just loved her other teacher, but we'll adjust. :) As of right now there are only four girls enrolled in her class. One of the positives of this is that the waiting room is MUCH calmer and more peaceful. I had seriously been praying for a better experience for Hailey and I in the waiting area this time around. It might seem silly, but during the summer session we did not have the best experience. It was a full class and there were tons of parents and many, many siblings (because school was not in session). Now, this may not be bad in and of itself, but I was shocked at how nearly every parent just buried their nose in a smart phone and ignored their children running wild and throwing toys and fighting. It was so bad that Hailey and I mostly walked the halls at the rec center instead of staying in the waiting room because I was either worried that she would get hit with a toy or worried about her watching one mom in particular who would grab her children by their arms, yank them around, and yell at them. (Seriously.) This group of parents and siblings seems much, much better, I had a nice time chatting with another mom and a grandma and everyone seemed very attentive to their children. Thank goodness!!! I wasn't sure how I would handle 12 weeks of chaos if this session was anything like last time. Anyway, Savannah had a great time and her teacher invited us in at the end of class to watch a little dance they had learned to the song "Summer" from the Frozen soundtrack. So cute! Savannah came out of class at the end very happy and she is already looking forward to going back next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment