Up until today, I hadn't found a food that Savannah wouldn't eat! We started with rice cereal, which she took to very nicely. Green beans and sweet potatoes were both gobbled up without hesitation. She made some funny faces the first time that she tried butternut squash, but now she loves it. And while bananas aren't her favorite, she will eat them if I first put some cereal on the spoon and then just dip it into the bananas, so she gets just a hint of banana flavor.
This morning I was so excited to introduce pears. Since I am making all of my own baby food, each little one-ounce cube is made with Mama's love, and I'm pretty proud of that! Well, the pictures below kind of tell the story...
 |
| This is Savannah gagging after swallowing a bite of pear. She was quite dramatic. ;-) |
 |
| "Seriously, Mom, don't give me any more of that stuff!!" |
Not only did she make funny faces when I put it in her mouth, but after swallowing, she gagged and almost threw up. I made her try a couple of bites, and each time got the same reaction. She was really quite dramatic about the whole thing! I've read that it can take up to 15 introductions to a new food before a child learns to like it, so we'll try again another day!
For now, though, it seems I've got a veggie-lover on my hands. What kind of baby chooses green beans over a yummy, juicy pear? Apparently my crazy girl does!
I actually hear it's pretty common! Some babies don't like the introduction of sweet stuff. You should keep giving it though to make sure she's not allergic? I think the rule of thumb was 4 days per new food.
ReplyDeleteAlso, there are tons of foods both my kids loved/disliked as baby foods and ended up loving the full version of it when they moved onto solids. Weird, right?? The only thing that remained consistent in our house is Dylan's dislike for meat. Hated it as baby food and sometimes it's a huge struggle to get him to eat it now. Fine with me though, this whole hosue would be vegetarian if my husband didn't love meat! =P
She's so big now! Time flies when you're having fun!