Our visit was brief but packed! When we arrived Friday afternoon we went to her Great Grandma and Grandpa Kooienga's house so that they could meet her for the first time. It was fun to introduce her to new relatives!
| I had trouble getting her to look at the camera. She was getting a little nervous that she wasn't in Mommy's arms. |
| Chatting with her great grandma. |
| Having so much fun! |
On Saturday evening we enjoyed dinner with Great Grandpa and Grandma Kooienga and celebrated my 26th birthday. We packed up Sunday morning, had breakfast one last time with her grandpa and aunts, and then headed home. She was completely exhausted after two days of missing out on naps! The only major issue that we've had since getting home is that Savannah has been waking up for her 5 a.m. bottle at 12:45 a.m. - ugh! I pray for the day when this child of mine realizes that she does not need to eat in the middle of the night!!
All in all, Savannah did better than Matt and I expected, and we had a great trip. She was so excited to be home, though. When I brought her into her playroom she squealed with delight! I think she missed her toys. ;-) I've been noticing lately that she is really showing a fear of strangers. For some reason, some people seem to scare her more than others. I've noticed a trend towards her being more afraid of dark haired people. I'm not too worried about this new stage, though. She goes out and about with me several times each week and has recently begun going to nursery at church, so hopefully this continued socialization will keep her from being too fearful.
I'm glad we've conquered our first road trip as a family of three!
No comments:
Post a Comment