Girls

Girls

Thursday, March 29, 2012

15 month check-up....a little late!

Savannah finally got to have her 15 month check-up at 16 and a half months. Since the appointment was over spring break, Daddy got to go with us. It was SO nice having an extra pair of hands to corral her so I could actually listen to what the doctor was saying. At her last doctor's appointment she was content to sit in my lap in the waiting room and read through some books that we had brought from home. This time.....not so much! I used to have such a phobia over letting her touch the toys and books in the germ-filled waiting room, and while it still doesn't thrill me, there's not much I can do about it at this point! It was either let her play or force her to stay in my lap and throw a tantrum. I decided this was not a battle worth fighting, so she got to play with all the germy toys. At least our office has a separate well child waiting room. :)

Overall Savannah's appointment went very well! The doctor said she is one healthy little girl. She was impressed that Savannah is able to point to various body parts on herself and also on Mommy and Daddy, that she has so many words, and that she is starting to tell us when she makes a stinky in her diaper. She was also impressed with Savannah's eyelashes! :) On our little take home sheet, she wrote that Savannah was "perfect" and "thriving" and that she had "great lashes." (No joke!) I think that'll be funny to stick in her baby book and look back on years down the road!

I was very interested to see Savannah's height and weight stats at this appointment. Lately she seems to have slowed down in her growth. She is 32 inches long (74th percentile), 23 pounds 5 ounces (68th percentile) and her head is 47 cm (76th percentile.) When we first put her on the scale I was dismayed to see that she actually weighs a few ounces LESS than she did at her one year check-up four and a half months ago! I was afraid that this would be a cause for concern, but her doctor isn't really worried. In the past four and a half months she has become VERY active (meaning she never sits still.....ever!!!) so that probably accounts for the lack of weight gain, and even losing a few ounces. She also went from formula to soy milk, which is much fewer calories. Also, she gained nearly three inches in height, so she is definitely still growing, and her weight and height percentiles are in line with one another. She is also a pretty good eater and manages to finish most of her meals each day plus have two or three snacks as well. The doctor mentioned that although we don't need to come back until the end of September to get more vaccines, we might want to come around her 18-month birthday for a weight check. I'm not too sure we'll do this, though, unless I think she is losing more weight....I can check her weight at home, too! It's weird to be worried about her not gaining anything, because for the first year of her life she had NO problems in this department! My mom also reminded me that I was super chubby for my first year of life and then barely gained a thing the second year and fell off the growth curve completely, so she may just be like her mama in that area.

We rounded off the appointment with four different shots. Poor baby girl! She was definitely upset, but overall she took it very well. She didn't even start crying until the second injection and calmed down quickly once I offered her beloved paci (yeah, we still have the paci...I can't seem to break her of that habit just yet!) Yesterday she showed no ill effects from the vaccines (yay for no fever!) but she woke up extra early today and has been more cranky than usual. Hopefully she is feeling better by tomorrow. In the meantime, she's been strangely attached to my purse. Silly girl!

The purse is as big as her!

(Excuse my messy bedroom! While Matt's on spring break I'm kind of being more lenient with myself in regards to household chores!)

No comments:

Post a Comment